Information on the scheme run by V.E.C. in conjunction with Department and Bus Eireann.
- Check if you live within catchment area of school you wish to attend.
- Get Transport form from school (normally available on open day).
- Fill in form and return to the school.
- Normally you will receive notification re transport in August.
- Payment is made on a term by term basis. Invoice is sent directly to parents / guardians each term
- You are only guaranteed a ticket on term by term basis.
- If you do not live in the catchment area for the school you may apply for a catchment boundary ticket – same charge but you must join bus at the catchment boundary. You may only get ticket if there is room remaining on the bus.
- To be eligible • Students must be enrolled in a recognised post primary school. • Be over 12 before 1st Jan of the school year he/she starts post primary school • Have finished sixth class in primary school. • Be living more than 3 miles (4.8km) from the school.Students who qualify as above and whose parents have medical card are entitled to free transport to school within catchment area.
- DOE provides transport for children with special needs who attend special schools.
Google your local VEC to get relevant VEC website and look for info on school transport scheme.